Registering for Flight Training
Ready to get started?We’ve created a list of your next steps to make registration as easy and and as convenient as possible! Just read through the itemized list under each subheading, and you’re on your way! Have questions? We can help! Just click on the button below!
Follow the Steps Below to Apply for Flight Training at Cirrus
- Complete I-20 Application here
- Submit Official Financial Verification
- Pay International Student Processing Fee to Cirrus Aviation
- Review International Student Checklist
- Receive Signed I-20 Form and Admission Letter from Cirrus Aviation
- Once received, you must pay the fee for your I-20 at the following website: www.FMJfee.com. This payment process is called the I-901 Form and Fee.
- Keep a printed copy of the I-901 payment receipt for the visa interview
- Keep the Admission Letter from Cirrus Aviation for your visa interview
- Interview with US Embassy in home country
- Schedule Interview — Visit your local embassy or consulate online for more information. Go to https://www.USembassy.State.gov and find your country.
- Review the Interview Preparation for Visa Guide
- Pay the visa application fee from your local consulate or embassy website — keep printed copy of the receipt for visa interview.
- Receive M-1 Visa
- Contact Cirrus Aviation for official start date
MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
- Purchase Airline Tickets
- Choose travel dates based on starting and ending dates
- Arrive into Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) if possible
- E-mail or mail travel itinerary to Cirrus Aviation
- Make Housing Arrangements – Please contact us if recommendations are needed
- Arrange For Transportation During Stay – Purchasing a used car is recommended, although long-term car rentals are available
REGISTER WITH TSA
(Transportation Security Administration)
- Create online account – go to www.flightschoolcandidates.gov to start
- Follow TSA Guide
- Final Approval will be received shortly after fingerprinting is submitted. Fingerprinting can be done in home country or in US.
ARRIVAL & CHECK-IN
- Arrange For Pickup From Airport
- If arriving into Sarasota, contact us 1 week prior to arrival for transportation from the airport to your housing
- If arriving into Tampa, visit www.shuttlefare.com for shuttle information to Sarasota
- Check in to Housing
- Check in with Cirrus Aviation
- Meet and greet with Chief Flight Instructor
- Receive schedule
- Purchase study materials